Linda Yeong, M.Div. Counselling, RP
Linda started at a young age listening to her neighbour pour out struggles and heartaches while growing up in a dysfunctional family. Discovering her inclination and desire to listen and be there for people became a passion. While she worked overseas as a Pre-school Teacher, an ESL Teacher, and an Events Coordinator for over 20 years, listening and empathizing with others became her constant. Returning to Canada, she went back to school as a mature student to complete her Masters of Divinity from Tyndale University with a major in Clinical Counselling and a minor in Spiritual Formation. Her Bachelor of Arts degree is in Psychology from York University. She is a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
Linda collaborates with individuals and couples to work towards agreed-upon goals. She strives to create safe, warm, and inviting therapeutic sessions where they are empowered to develop self-compassion and to find hope in their dilemmas. Clients in relationships are helped to explore and express feelings, discover the capacity for personal growth and change, and track cycles that block them from communicating well so that both partners begin to feel seen, heard, and understood.
Linda is in a cross-cultural marriage and raised four boys. Many years of education and training, homeschooling, and living and working cross-culturally overseas for over 20 years, have given her a more rounded and balanced understanding of life but her love for learning has led to ongoing professional development.
Therapies Offered For:
- Life Transitions
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Marriage and Family Issues
- Cross-Cultural Transitions
Types of Techniques:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical-Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Family Systems
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, Registered Psychotherapist
- Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy